Fascial Stretch Therapy
Fascial Stretch Therapy (TM) is a very unique therapy, that was founded by Ann Frederick out of Arizona in 1999.
Fascial Stretch Therapy (TM) is a table based assisted stretching technique that combines breathing, multiple planes of movement, traction, and resistance. The focus is on the fascia and joint capsules, with the goal being to achieve optimal flexibility, strength, performance, and pain relief.
Fascia is a structure of connective tissue that surrounds muscles, bones, and joints. The joint capsule is also a connective tissue that surrounds joints and helps optimize mechanical function and provides nutrients to the joint.
If the fascia and joint capsules are restricted the following can occur:
* Decreased joint space (may cause degenerative joint disease or Osteoarthritis)
* Increased muscle tone (may cause trigger points, strains, or tendinitis)
* Increased nervous system tone (may cause headaches, trigger points, and tension)
* Increased scar tissue formation
* Decreased blood flow
Benefits of FST (TM)
* Improve posture
* Improve functional ability
* Improve athletic performance
* Reduce injury risk
* Restore normal joint space (anti-aging at it's best!)
* Improve strength
* Decrease muscle soreness
* Decrease stress and pain
* Provide natural pain suppressant by releasing endorphins
Permission has been granted by the Stretch to Win Institute to use the trademark Fascial Stretch Therapy (TM) or FST (TM) as long as a certification is maintained and in good standing. For more information on FST (TM) please visit